Friday Fragments is brought to us by the infamous Mrs. 4444 at Half-Past Kissin’ Time. Stop over at her place, say hello, and check out the other participants!
* I was told I should hear something about my job at the end of last week. Well, it’s the end of this week, and I still haven’t heard anything. Maybe today??
* For three days this week, I worked as a Peer Leader at a seminar for an organization I’m a member of at school. Let me just say, these three days were filled with perfect examples of disorganization, which caused me a great deal of frustration. I was the only one who showed up on time every day, and that was just the beginning. So glad it’s over!
However, I did meet some great people. One in particular was my fellow Peer Leader, Jen. We hit it off right away, and I don’t think I would have gotten through it without her!
I also had the opportunity to meet a new student who reminded me a lot of myself at about this time last year. She too has to take the “refresher” math courses, and was beating herself up about it. I shared my experience with her, and gave her my email address. She seemed more optimistic after we spoke, so I hope that I helped her a little bit!
* Haven’t been feeling well all week. It started with a terrible headache on Monday (which I still have, but not as constant), and then added a sore throat yesterday. I’m also exhausted from the hours I’ve put in at the seminar, so I’m sure that doesn’t help. I slept in until 10:00 this morning (something I rarely do), so maybe I will start feeling better soon.
* One of my classes was cancelled due to low registration (I was expecting that), so I had to register for the only other time that class is available… 8-9:15 a.m. Not great, but, honestly, I’ll just be happy if they don’t cancel that class too (it also doesn’t have very many people registered), because it’s for my major.
* I decided to withdraw from the class that would conflict with my work hours. I never got around to asking Edna (not her real name) if she would help me out. Even if she agreed to, it would mean I would have to go in on my only day off during the week (from both school and work). The more I thought about it, the more I didn’t want to have to do that. I’m already stressing about how I’m going to keep up with school, work, and home, so that seemed an easy way to take some of the pressure off. I spoke with the professor, and she usually teaches the class in the spring semester as well, so I’ll just take it then.
* Dropping one class meant I had to choose and register for another. I’ll be at school four days a week, with two classes each day. So, I decided my new fifth class should be an online class. In my experience, they are usually more work, but at least I’ll be able to do it from home (or work). I chose Short Stories. Not that I really wanted to take another English class (thought I was finished with that!), but I think I will enjoy this, and if fulfills one of my humanities electives.
* Even though I didn’t particularly enjoy all of the seminar, it felt really good to be back on campus this week! I love that place!
Hope everyone has a safe, relaxing, and fun weekend!